Peace Tracks builds culturally competent global citizens and storytellers. Participants navigate new technology and relationships by participating in a cross-cultural virtual exchange built on friendships and collaborative music.
Being part of Beirut-Chicago Peace Tracks has been probably one of the most exciting things that has ever happened in my life – Vanessa, Student, Lebanon
Examples of past projects
If I keep on Loving You
Strong عقل Heart قويّ by A-MIN
We will_can find the love again
- Peace Tracks is a cross-cultural collaborative music project
- Peace Track is designed for High School aged students and operates between classrooms
- No musical experience, expertise or instruments are needed.
- Peace Tracks uses Soundtrap for music composition and recording
- Peace track is asynchronous, so no need to login at the same time. You complete your work with your band at your own pace
- Peace Tracks typically runs a semester-long, however, we can tailor the length to meet your needs
- We identify a school abroad to partner your classroom with
- Teachers are expected to participate in Peace Tracks, alongside their students
- Teachers, school principals, and professional musicians run Peace Tracks. All administrative staff of Peace Tracks are trained, online facilitators
- Peace Tracks is a project by Plugged In Band a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization, committed to creating an inclusive, loving, and diverse community empowered to change the world, and by MapWorks Learning a global educational 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that uses Virtual Exchange as a tool to advance cross-cultural collaboration, project-based learning, and issues-oriented storytelling.